Hey everyone, I am so excited about what we learned yesterday about forgiveness. I just wanted to review a few principles I talked about. I’m sorry I forgot to make sure it got recorded. Here is a quick review of what I shared. I pray that it blesses you good!
Forgiveness from God
· Definition: "to give up desire or power to punish" The Online Etymology Dictionary
· Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.”
· Psalm 103:12 “As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.”
o If you go north you eventually hit the north pole and start going south.
o You go east when do you start going west?
o Even before they knew the earth was round the Holy Spirit used “east and west” to describe the distance our sins are from us through Christ.
· 2nd Cor. 5:18-19 “All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.”
· Please read this blog http://krisvallotton.com/do-you-deserve-to-be-forgiven/
o Returned to the high place as if you have never sinned
o The new “sinless” reality is what Christ provided.
I hope this helps you walk a new way with a full revelation of forgiveness. Enjoy the goodness of God!